Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 262-6510
Fax: (404) 261-2842
Christian handles civil and criminal matters, including government investigations, False Claims Act litigation, and white collar criminal defense, as well as administrative and regulatory matters including Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement appeals, internal investigations, compliance and counseling, and HIPAA matters. The majority of Christian’s clients are healthcare providers, although he also represents clients in a wide variety of other industries. Prior to joining Chilivis Grubman, Christian defended medical providers and institutions in medical malpractice, administrative, and employment matters. Christian’s experience includes also defending clients in general liability and complex litigation claims. During law school, Christian competed in the L. Edward Bryant, Jr. National Health Law Transactional Moot Court Competition and was selected to join GSU Law’s Mock Trial team (Student Trial Lawyers Association). Christian worked also as a Graduate Research Assistant. Representative Matters:
- Secured complete dismissal by court of multiple physician practices groups in connection with large False Claims Act qui tam action filed in federal court.
- Successfully mediated Florida case resulting in a settlement for approximately 90% less than amount demanded by plaintiff who suffered injury requiring surgery.
- Successfully mediated Georgia case resulting in a settlement for approximately 74% less than amount demanded by plaintiff who suffered injury requiring surgery.
- Successful defense of business sued by patron who suffered injury requiring back surgery. After the discovery of a potential discovery abuse and depositions uncovered contradictory testimony, the plaintiff voluntarily dismissed the lawsuit after a filed motion for sanctions.
- Obtained a dismissal for physician sued for alleged medical malpractice related to negligent nerve block injection after oral arguments.
- Obtained a dismissal for surgeon sued for alleged medical malpractice related to a high-profile case involving an adenotonsillectomy after oral arguments challenging the sufficiency of three experts proffered by the plaintiff.
- Obtained a dismissal for physician sued for alleged medical malpractice related to blepharoplasty after oral arguments.
*Every case is different, and a specific outcome is not guaranteed. Areas of Practice:
- Health Law
- False Claims Act Litigation
- Government Enforcement and Investigations
- Internal Investigations
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
Bar Admissions Georgia (2016)
- The Supreme Court of Georgia
- The Court of Appeals of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
Florida (2018) Education J.D., Georgia State University College of Law
- Certificate in Health Law, with honors
- Pro Bono Service Award, with High Distinction
B.B.A., Georgia State University, Robinson College of Business (2010) Publications & Articles:
- Recognizing & Minimizing Lurking Sexual Harassment Vulnerabilities, 107(1) J. Med. Assoc. Ga 18 (2018).
- A Regulatory Minefield, 106(3) J. Med. Assoc. Ga 18 (2017).
- Proposed Federal Tort Reform: The Protecting Access to Care Act, 106(2) J. Med. Assoc. Ga 20 (2017).
- Just The Essentials: A Guide to the Employer Shared Responsibility Provision of The Patient Protection And Affordable Care Act, Georgia Health Law Developments, Spring 2014, at 16.
Associations State Bar of Georgia
- Health Law Section
American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) Atlanta Bar Association