HIPAA and Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity has become the #1 concern for healthcare providers, and for good reason. According to the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR), cyber incidents in health care are on the rise. From 2018-2022, there has been a 93% increase in large breaches reported to OCR, with a 278% increase in large breaches involving ransomware.
The attorneys at Chilivis Grubman represent healthcare providers of all types and sizes in connection with cybersecurity matters, including ransomware incident response, investigations by HHS-OCR, and HIPAA-related litigation. Our significant experience and deep understanding of both cybersecurity concepts and HIPAA regulations allow us to help our clients navigate what is often a very stressful and disruptive time.
We assist clients throughout the entire process, including:
- Negotiating ransomware payments to ensure you get back online as quickly as possible
- Working with our cybersecurity vendors to ensure that your system is cleared of all ransomware and other malware
- Helping clients satisfy various federal and state reporting requirements
- Responding to investigations and data requests from HHS-OCR as well as state agencies
- Appealing adverse determinations by federal and state agencies
- Defending healthcare providers in connection with civil litigation involving alleged HIPAA breaches, including class actions
- Assisting both covered entities and business associates with developing and implementing HIPAA-compliant policies and procedures
If you are the victim of ransomware or otherwise need representation involving a cybersecurity or HIPAA matter, please contact us today.