Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 233-4171
Fax: (404) 261-2842
Lauren A. Warner is an experienced trial attorney who represents companies and individuals in complex civil litigation, government and internal investigations, and white-collar criminal defense. Lauren has extensive experience with civil jury trials, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts throughout the country. Lauren is a strong advocate who spent years honing her litigation skills, representing both behemoth corporations in bet-the-company litigation and individual clients alike. Lauren is known for displaying fervor and pragmatism in the courtroom. Lauren also frequently represents clients in mediations and arbitrations, and her negotiating acumen has saved countless clients the significant time, expense, and stress associated with protracted litigation.
Lauren graduated from Villanova University School of Law with honors after receiving a full academic scholarship. After clerking for the Honorable Eduardo C. Robreno in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Lauren began her legal career as an associate at Dechert LLP, a large international law firm, representing pharmaceutical companies in mass tort, product liability, and off-label marketing investigations. Yearning for more work in the courtroom, Lauren went to Haines & Associates, a boutique litigation firm in Philadelphia, where she gained extensive first- and second-chair trial experience representing clients in all phases of litigation in both state and federal courts in a variety of areas, including business disputes, legal malpractice, personal injury, civil rights, and defamation.
After working in Philadelphia and developing her expertise as a trial attorney for nearly a decade, Lauren relocated to Atlanta. Lauren joined King & Spalding’s Atlanta office as a Senior Associate, where she served as an active member of the Tort and Environmental practice group representing businesses in complex product liability actions. Lauren specialized in developing and presenting state-of-the-art medical defenses for trials with particularly difficult medical issues, working extensively with medical experts regarding pulmonary and oncological diseases related to cigarette smoking.
Lauren has worked extensively with medical doctors, both as clients and as expert witnesses. Lauren has a strong working knowledge of various medical specialties and understands how to present complicated medical issues to both judges and juries alike.
Areas of Practice
False Claims Act Litigation
White Collar Criminal Defense
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2019, 2020
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013, 2014, 2015
J.D., Villanova University, Summa cum laude
Order of the Coif
Executive Editor, Vol. 50, Villanova Law Review
Staff Writer, Vol. 49, Villanova Law Review
Arthur M. Goldberg Scholar (Full Tuition Scholarship)
Black Law Students Association, Member
B.A. Political Science, Oglethorpe University, Magna cum laude
Omicron Delta Kappa, National Honor Society
Rich Foundation Urban Leadership Program
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Secured complete dismissal by court of multiple physician practice groups in connection with large False Claims Act qui tam action filed in federal court.
- Defended c-suite executive in SEC investigation, which resulted in no further action against client.
- Successfully mediated bankruptcy adversary proceeding on behalf of several physicians accused of engaging in healthcare fraud, minimizing both exposure and liability.
- Successfully mediated multiple disputes regarding the separation of business partners, primarily within the healthcare industry.
- Settled case on behalf of family victimized by police department during execution of a “no-knock” warrant.
- Secured a seven-figure settlement on behalf of an individual whose foot was partially amputated as a result of a forklift accident.
- Defended embattled housing authority director in a series of civil lawsuits.
- “The New Normal: Reopening Amidst COVID-19,” Webinar, July 21, 2020
- “Anesthesia in the Crosshairs: Government Enforcement in the Anesthesia Space,” North Carolina Association of Nurse Anesthetists, 2019 Annual Conference
- “The Master Class: Legal Emergencies in Health Care,” The Florida Bar Health Law Section, September 14, 2018
- “Damages and the Use of Experts in a Contract Case,” State Bar of Georgia, November 17, 2017
Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
State Bar of Georgia
Atlanta Bar Association
American Bar Association