Healthcare is one of the largest and most heavily-regulated industries in the United States. Healthcare providers face constant scrutiny by government investigators and regulators, commercial insurance companies, competitors, and potential whistleblowers.
For decades, Chilivis Grubman attorneys have represented and advised healthcare providers of all types and sizes in connection with a wide variety of legal, regulatory, and compliance matters. Our healthcare clients range from multi-state health systems to small physician practice groups and individual physicians, as well as other types of healthcare entities including ambulatory surgery centers, durable medical equipment suppliers, laboratories, pharmacies, healthcare technology companies, medical marketing and medical billing companies, among others.
Chilivis Grubman regularly assists healthcare clients in connection with the following types of matters:
- Government investigations, including those involving the False Claims Act, Stark Law, and Anti-Kickback Statute, by both federal and state agencies, including the Department of Justice, HHS-OIG, and state Medicaid fraud units
- Criminal Healthcare Fraud Investigations
- Cybersecurity and HIPAA breaches
- Medical, Nursing, and Dental Board Investigations
- Peer Review Matters & Hospital Credentialing Disputes
- Anti-Kickback and Stark Law compliance
- Internal investigations
- Government and commercial payor audits and audit appeals
- Administrative proceedings, including civil monetary penalty and exclusion matters brought by the OIG
- Civil Litigation
- The establishment and implementation of compliance programs, including for providers under a Corporate Integrity Agreement
Learn more about our accomplished healthcare law attorneys by visiting our Attorneys page.